The TeX Users Group (TUG) is a membership-based not-for-profit organization, founded in 1980, for anyone who uses the TeX typesetting system created by Donald Knuth and/or is interested in typography and font design.
Join or renew with TUG (trial memberships available for new members) to support use and development of TeX and friends. All TUG memberships are for the calendar year, and include all benefits for the year no matter when you join.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter if you like (open to all, automatically sent to members).
Get started with TeX if you're looking for a system to install, or have questions to ask.
- TUGboat 44:3, has been mailed to current TUG members; it is also available online and from the TUG store. In addition, prior TUGboat issue 44:2 is now publicly available. Submissions for the next issue are welcome and encouraged; the deadline is March 24, 2024.
- TeX Live 2023 and MacTeX 2023 have been released. They are primarily distributed online through CTAN (TL, MacTeX) The TeX Collection DVD for 2023 has been mailed to members of TUG and other user groups; it can also be ordered through the TUG store. 2023 will be the last year that TUG distributes the DVD as a general membership benefit: more info.
Upcoming events (meeting list)
- Face/Interface: Global Type Design and Human-Computer Interaction, a conference focused on non-Latin typography and interface design, will take place December 1-2 at Stanford. Attendance is free, but seats are limited and tickets are required. The conference will be streamed.
- DANTE e.V., 66. annual meeting (DANTE 2024), April 2024, in Wielandgut Oßmannstedt, Wielandstraße 16, 99510 Ilmtal-Weinstraße (Germany), OT Omannstedt.
- BachoTeX 2024, in Bachotek, Poland, May 1-5, 2024. This year's theme is “composed thoughts”. Deadline for proposals/abstracts: March 24, 2024.
- ConTeXt Meeting 2024: Lutten/Hardenberg, The Netherlands, August 17-23, 2024.
- 17th ConTeXt Meeting: Sibřina, Czech Republic, Sept. 10-16, 2023.
- TUG 2023,
Hotel Collegium Leoninum, Bonn, Germany, July 14-16, 2023
(with Tagged PDF developer workshop on July 13th);
YouTube Live whole-day recordings (more to come).
- DANTE e.V., 65. annual meeting, July 13, 2023,
Hotel Collegium Leoninum,
Noeggerathstrasse 34, 53111 Bonn (Germany)
- GuIT 2023, Rome, Italy, May 20, 2023.
- BachoTeX 2023 - Modeling and implementing text typesetting in TeX and other systems; Bachotek, Poland, April 29-May 3, 2023.
TUG is a not-for-profit organization by, for, and of its members, also representing the interests of TeX users worldwide. If you use any TeX-related programs (TeX, LaTeX, ConTeXt, Metafont, MetaPost, Texinfo, et al.), please consider joining TUG (or another TeX user group). Memberships and donations are tax-deductible in the US.
TUG membership benefits include our journal TUGboat (available both in print and online) and the TeX Collection software: TeX Live, MacTeX, snapshot of CTAN. TUG also runs an annual TeX conference, among other activities.
The Comprehensive TeX Archive Network (CTAN) is the primary repository for TeX-related software on the Internet. CTAN has many thousands of items; its package list, topic cloud, and CTAN search page can help you find what you need.
Latest CTAN updates - tkz-elements - Scrabble - pwebmac - cweb - ufrgscca - covington - ProfLycee - vectorlogos - cjs-rcs-article - antique-spanish-units - starray - affilauthor - concmath-otf - lni - catoptions - hyperref - TrivialPursuit - cidarticle - profmaquette - TeXBlend - simplebnf - pdfannotations - biblatex-oxref - mandi - pfarrei - coolfn - nicematrix - cid